Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Further to the Cabinet report of 20th December 2021, to receive an update and take any further decisions in relation to the procurement of services with the voluntary sector for prevention and carer support.
1. Agreed to award a one-year contract to SCVS for a period of 12 months from 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023. This would be at a maximum cost of £473,251, which must not be exceeded, funded through the Better Care Fund and Public Health grants.
2. Noted the update on commissioning activity provided in this report, including detailed performance information.
3. Noted that a report concerning the proposed model for the voluntary and community sector will be presented to People Scrutiny Committee for its comment and consideration in Autumn 2022.
4. Noted that the proposed model for the voluntary and community sector and a procurement strategy would be presented to Cabinet in Winter 2022.
5. Delegated authority to the Executive Director for People (Adults), in consultation with the Lead Member for Social Care and Public Health, to have oversight of the development of the proposed model as well as the development of performance targets for the contract period (1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023), should this be approved.
Report author: Jane Senior
Publication date: 09/05/2022
Date of decision: 17/05/2022
Decided at meeting: 17/05/2022 - Cabinet