Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To seek approval to progress the procurement of an Integrated Substance Misuse Treatment Services which will commence on 1 April 2023. This will be procured as two lots.
1. Noted that approval for award was required to ensure continuity of care and to avoid disruption of services whilst providing sufficient time to align all procurement activities relating to substance misuse treatment and recovery.
2. Approved the procurement of an Integrated Adult and Young Peoples’ Substance Misuse service (Lot 1) for a nine-year period (five-year contract plus two extension periods of two-year from 1st April 2023 to 31st March 2031 to the maximum value of £11.5m. This would be funded through Public Health Grant and will replace several existing services set out at Exempt Appendix 1.
3. Approved the procurement of rough sleepers’ substance misuse outreach service (Lot 2) for a contract (12 months plus 12 months extension) from 1st April 2023 – 30th June 2025, this would be funded as detailed in Exempt Appendix 2.
4. Noted that the procurement model described in this report was reflective of the various funding streams available for services and is designed to minimise the financial risk to the Council should funding be reduced or withdrawn.
5. Noted that a report concerning the new delivery model for an Integrated Substance Misuse Service was intended to be presented to People Scrutiny Panel in June 2022.
6. Agreed that a report concerning contract award for the Integrated Substance Misuse Service would be presented to Cabinet in December 2022
7. Delegated authority to the Executive Director for People (Adults), in consultation with the Lead Member for Social Care and Public Health, to have oversight of the procurement process.
8. Approved a direct contract award to Turning Point to deliver additional services from 1st August 2022 – 31st March 2023. This would be at the value of outlined in Exempt Appendix 2.
9. Approved a direct contract award to Farnham Road Surgery to deliver additional clinical services from 1st August 2022 – 31st March 2023. This would be at the value of outlined in Exempt Appendix 2.
10.Approved the granting of a lease and any supplemental document(s) of Elliman Resource Unit 27 Pursers Court Slough SL2 5DL to Turning Point for a term of one year commencing 1 April 2022. Further information was contained in Exempt Appendix 2 to the report.
11.Approved the grant of a lease and any supplemental document(s) of Elliman Resource Unit 27 Pursers Court Slough SL2 5DL to the new provider for a minimum term of 5 years commencing 1 April 2023. Further information was contained in Exempt Appendix 2 to the report.
12.Delegated authority to the Executive Director of Resources in consultation with the Executive Director of Place & Community to finalise terms and execute the lease and supplemental documentation of the above property to the tenant/provider.
Report author: Jane Senior
Publication date: 08/07/2022
Date of decision: 18/07/2022
Decided at meeting: 18/07/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 29/07/2022