Decision Maker: Executive Director of Place & Community
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Bids have been invited by government to bid
for the Levelling Up Fund Round 2 (LUF2). The Fund is jointly
managed by HM Treasury (HMT), the Department for Levelling Up,
Housing and Communities (DLUHC) and the Department for Transport
Local Authorities are able to bid for capital grants that will enable delivery of a package of projects that focus on the summarised investment themes listed below:
• Transport investments including public transport, active travel, bridge works, road improvements, aiming to reduce carbon emissions and improve air quality;
• Regeneration and town centre investment building on the Towns Fund framework to upgrade dated infrastructure and regenerating brown?eld sites;
• Cultural investment maintaining, regenerating, or creatively repurposing existing cultural, creative, heritage and sporting assets.
The LUF2 is a competitive capital grant programme administered by the Government that follows the ?rst round of the fund, which supported £1.7 billion of projects across more than 100 areas in the UK.
The Levelling Up Fund will support the Council’s priorities by enabling access to significant funding to deliver strategic transport infrastructure projects and support the creation of quality places that will improve the neighbourhood economy.
The deadline for the submission is Wednesday 6th July 2022 at 12:00hrs.
To seek authority to undertake a public
consultation with residents and local businesses for the following
1. Farnham Road public realm Shopping Parade, Transport and public realm improvements;
2. Salt Hill Park and Western Gateway
3. Farnham Road Bus Accessibility
It is recommended that:
The consultation for the proposed schemes is undertaken to seek feedback from the affected residents, businesses and statutory consultees.
Letters of support are sought from the key Stakeholders and Statutory consultees.
Following the consultation process, if the bid is successful, officers to proceed with the preliminary designs and undertake another consultation exercise. Once the second stage of the consultation exercise has been completed, a Significant Decisions is submitted highlighting the feedback and confirmed designs.
Option 1 - Consult as per the detail above
Option 2 - Not consult
Publication date: 13/06/2022
Date of decision: 10/06/2022
Effective from: 21/06/2022