WHY SUPPORT THIS PETITION
THE SIGNIFICANT IMPACTS OF THE DEVELOPMENT ON THE LOCAL AREA AND LOCAL ARE:
1. CURRENT DEVELOPMENT DESIGN SHOWS THAT 11 NEW HIGH RISE BUILDINGS WITH 3-8 STOREYS HIGH WILL BE CREATED & WILL IMPACT THE LOCAL AREA AS FOLLOWS:
* Turning the Local Area from a Residential Area on the
outskirts of a town into a High Rise City Centre which will also
destroy the Character & Appearance of the Local Area.
* Maximum Height of Existing Buildings in the Local Area is 3 storeys high which is less than the proposed 3 to 8 storeys in this development which would make the new high rise buildings stick out like an eyesore in the Local Area.
* More Overlooking of Existing Homes & a Loss of Privacy for Local Residents from the windows on all sides of these new high buildings.
* Outdoor Lighting for the new development will create light pollution and obtrusive lighting for the Local Area and Residents as it will turn a dark area into a flood lit football pitch and will:
* Alter Light Levels in the Local Area
* Affect the Use and Enjoyment of the of Bowyer Recreation Ground the night sky or Private Gardens by Local Residents
* Be a Source of Annoyance to the Local Residents especially at night
* Be Harmful to the Wildlife
2. MORE VEHICLES, BUSINESS USERS, CANAL USERS & NEW RESIDENTS (952) WILL BE IN THE AREA OR USING THE NEW THROUGH ROAD WHICH WILL CUT ACROSS THE SITE AND BOWYERS RECREATION GROUND AND WILL:
* Generates More Traffic & Increase Air Pollution in an
already congested area which is unable to deal with the current
levels of traffic especially during peak times, road works or
* Worsens Parking Issues in the area
* More Noise and Disturbances for Local Residents from having More Vehicles, and people into the area.
* Increased Overlooking & Loss of Privacy for Local Residents because there will be More Vehicles & People in the Local Area and using the New Through Road.
* Major Safety issue is created for in the Local Park because when the New Through Road is built it’s going to run in the middle of the Local Park which will make it dangerous for the children.
3. LOSS OF MAJOR LOCAL AMENITIES FOR LOCAL RESIDENTS INCLUDING:
* Removal of Bowyers Recreation Ground
* Loss of the Local park would be detrimental to the Local Residents who use it to exercise and socialise especially during COVID.
* No adequate replacement has been provided for Local Residents which means that the nearest park for these Residents would be Salt Hill Park which is 1.1km away and would now be a car ride away.
* Parkland is being replaced by 2 new High Rise Buildings and a New Through Road will Harm Wildlife and Create Drainage issues
* More People are expected to use a Smaller Park Space as this park would need to be used by the Existing Residents and the New Residents (952) & Business Users.
* Loss of Other Local Services or Amenities
* Local Businesses which were being used by the Local Residents
have closed down
* Current Service Levels of all Utilities for existing Local Residents will be disrupted because the existing utility infrastructure will need to provide these services to the More People & Businesses.
* Significant impact on Local Services for Local Residents such as schools as they will also need to accommodate the New Residents(952)
* Local Residents are unable to use their existing quiet private spaces due to More Vehicles and People in the Local Area.
4. NO RELEVANT PUBLIC CONSULTATION WITH LOCAL RESIDENTS IN THE
* Local Residents who will be impacted by this development on a daily basis have not been consulted with at any stage of the process.
5. NO NEED FOR HOUSING CLAIMS BY SLOUGH BOROUGH COUNCIL:
* Not relevant as there are many other approved projects in more sustainable locations.
This ePetition ran from 20/01/2021 to 09/02/2021 and has now finished.
228 people signed this ePetition.