Audit and Corporate Governance Committee
The purpose of this Committee is to advise and review the Council’s arrangements for internal audit, internal control, risk management, financial management, standards and corporate governance. The Committee will also:
· Promote and maintain high standards of conduct by Members.
· Provide independent assurance of the adequacy of the risk management framework and the associated control environment.
· Independently scrutinise the authority’s financial and non-financial performance, to the extent that it affects the authority’s exposure to risk and weakens the control environment and to oversee the financial reporting process.
· Approve the financial statements.
· Approve the Annual Governance Statement.
Support officer: Shabana Kauser. 07821 811 259
25 Windsor Road
Phone: 07821 811 259
Web site: http://www.slough.gov.uk