The Standards Committee
· Promotes and maintains high standards of conduct for Councillors Borough Councillors, Parish Councillors, Co-opted Members and Diocesan Representatives.
· Monitors the operation of the Council’s Ethical Framework.
· Advises and trains Councillors on conduct issues, personal and prejudicial interests, bias/predetermination and gifts and hospitality.
· Assesses, reviews and determines complaints about councillors through its Sub-Committees
· Gives advice and guidance on the “Whistleblowing” Policy and Procedure.
· Monitors the performance of Councillors.
· Monitors the reporting of gifts and hospitality.
· Observes the workings of Council and Parish Councils meetings.
· Publishes an Annual Review of its work.
It is made up of six elected Councillors, four independent local people and a representative of each of the three local Parish Councils.
A copy of the Standards Committee’s latest annual review is available:-
If you would like to apply to be an Independent Co-opted Member of the Standards Committee you can download an information pack and application form here: Standards Committee - Independent Co-opted Members Application
Support officer: Shabana Kauser. 07821 811 259
25 Windsor Road
Phone: 07821 811 259